Betsy

Betsy
My beautiful bike

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Food! Recipes! Food!

Lately I have been a food monster...NOTHING out of the ordinary, however, I have consumed an odd varitey of foods considering I usually crave empty calories and junk.

I go through 1.5 big tubs of greek yogurt per week:

I have also been eating broccoli like it's my last meal:

I'm not complaining about my latest food craving, just mystified.  Anyhoo, I'd like to introduce a recipe I stole from one of my Facebook friends.  I have NOT made it yet, I will make it tonight for the first time!



FRUIT PIZZA!

  • Bake a sugar cookie at recommended temperature/time
  • Let cool for at least 15-20 minutes
  • Mix up 2 blocks of cream cheese with 1-1.5 cups of powdered sugar
  • Spread frosting over cookie and add fruit

I DID not promise a healthy recipe!!!

Now onto my personal favorite,
HOMEMADE SALSA!



  • Seed then dice 4-6 roma tomatoes
  • Dice 1/3 cup onion (more or less to taste)
  • Dice 1 small, med or large jalapeno (the more the spicier yeeeowww!)
  • Optional:  Dice 1 pepper of choice (I usually use an Anaheim chile, a mild pepper...)
  • Dice 1/3 cup celery
  • Finely chop 4-5 large sprigs of fresh cilantro (be sure to pull the leaves off first chopping only them)
  • Mix together
  • Squeeze the juice of 1 fresh lime over top of mixture, mix again
  • Let sit at least 1 hour in the fridge to mix all of the yummy tastes =)
ENJOY!  I realize the salsa recipe may be a little late, considering everyone's gardens are done producing for the year around Michigan =(

1 comment: