Betsy

Betsy
My beautiful bike

Sunday, September 11, 2011

20 Miles and Mimosas

This weekend started off with some work...



and other things like a few runs and some tailgating.

Now when I say tailgating, I do not mean getting ridiculously drunk at 8 a.m. and slobbering and puking all over the grassy golf course or school parking lot.  I mean running down to the site of where my friends are doing that and stealing their hot dogs and hamburgers off of the grill and indulging in one beer or a mimosa. 

Mimosas are the perfect morning/early afternoon excuse to drink.



I did drink a few of these prior to tailgating. 

Unfortunately Notre Dame lost to University of Michigan yesterday.  I am NOT a Michigan fan at all for a few reasons I will not disclose.  I however do like the Florida Gators (you HAVE to when your boyfriend is alumni) and The Buckeyes.  I like Georgia only because of Uga.



This late afternoon/evening concluded my first 20 mile run of marathon training.  Colin slowed his pace wayyy down to run 10 slow miles with me.  I followed him to the track to run 4 more and then set out on my own 6 mile route.

Mile 5 of the run my left ankle practically turned upside down.  It HURT-and I NEVER sprain my hyperflexible ankles but this hurt.  I roll them every time I run but this roll resulted in me walking a ways and seeing if it was going to swell.



It did not swell but I definitely felt it for the remaining 15 miles.  I am proud to say that I felt pretty good towards the end.  I was pretty dehydrated but overall good.  This whole run more thing is making me a better "runner" go figure. 

Congratulations to all 70.3 World competitors, IM Wisconsin also and any other races I missed. 

What did you do this weekend?

Have you ever ran on an injury you know you should not have?

Are you a University of Michigan fan? 

Where were you on 9/11?
I was in 8th grade math class.  In fact, I did not even know what the twin towers were or what was happening.  Years later I will never forget seeing them smoking on television.  What a sad day. 

"To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die."

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 20 miler! I'm glad your ankle held up and I hope you iced when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The captcha for that comment was "ablift." Kid you not. Even computers are telling me I need to do more core work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 20 miler!! If you like the Buckeyes, I would more then gladly swap houses with you

    ReplyDelete