Betsy

Betsy
My beautiful bike

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ten Reasons I Like/Hate Running

10.  Hate-I do SO much freaking laundry
10.  Like-I LOVE things with a fresh laundry smell

9.  Hate-I hate showering (I do, I know I am gross)
9.  Like-I like smelling good myself and being sweaty forces me to shower =)



8.  Hate-I hate the way my feet look
8.  Like-I love that my feet are always in comfortable running shoes



7.  Hate-I hate getting up early in the morning and getting up super early on a Sunday is awful
7.  Like-I like that I have already had a good workout by 10 a.m. on a Sunday

6.  Hate-I hate how often I am hungry
6.  Like-I LOVE how much food I can eat and rationalize the amount that I am eating (I have lost 7 lbs. the past 2 months for a 5'2" person that is noticeable, and it has not been from lack of food)





Okay, okay, I could have a blog dedicated to how much I eat but we will save that for another day...

5.  Hate-I really am scared of premature wrinkles/skin cancer/over exposure to the sun
5.  Like-I really do like a nice little glow although I know my skin cells do not =/

4.  Hate-Bathroom issues, *ahem
4.  Like-When there are NO bathroom issues =)

3.  Hate-Sore legs and dead legs
3.  Like-Passing slower runners in races



2.  Hate-Missing out on other things because you have to make time for a long run
2.  Like-My newly found "runner muscles" in my legs!  Pictures to come...

AND FINALLY...
.
.
.
.
DRUMROLL PLEASE
.
.
.
.
1.  Hate-Running in general on most days
1.  THE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE I'VE MET/GET TO HANG OUT WITH BECAUSE OF RUNNING!




And I want to add a few pictures of my brother for good measure.  This is how I found him when I visited him a few weekends ago...



Hahaha!  Enjoy the rest of the week =)

Why do you like/hate to run? 

Notice I never said I love it because, I don't actually love it.  I am learning to deal with it.  It is a very necessary part of triathlon and I love Betsy.

1 comment:

  1. I am starting to like it more then I hate it

    ReplyDelete